Monday, April 16, 2012

Begining work on the new station platforms

I have started work on the new station's platforms. I was originally going to use Evergreen V grove sheet styrene, but I figured that would be "cheating". So, I started some experiments with individual boards. I am also experimenting with weathering the wood with inks, and so far I am liking the progress.

I also started the center catwalks, but those still need their final coat of paint.

Nothing is glued down yet, just testing the fit, clearance with the trains, and overall look. Once I finish the platforms I am going to see about having the railings laser cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment