Not much work has been done on the layout lately ... or nothing that really shows much progress.
However, that doesn't mean work ever stops. Instead of focusing on the layout, I've decided to try to organize my working area and materials storage a little better.
One area that has always been an issue is the storage of styrene and paint. I haven't been able to find an effective storage solution yet that also combines ease of retrieval / viewing of what I have. A trip to the local Ikea came up with what I believe to be the best solution I've found so far:
The Ikea "Alex" six drawer unit:
At $119, its not the cheapest solution but I'm happy with the purchase.
For styrene storage, I made drawer dividers from styrene strips:
Its maybe not the most efficient use of space, but it is well laid out and easy to view what I have in stock. The styrene collection takes up four of the drawers with the fourth drawer having a section for sheet styrene.
For strip wood, I went lengthwise with MDF dividers (ran out of styrene for dividers):
Paint for airbrushing was also compartmentalized in the same manner:
The drawer unit is on casters, but I don't plan on rolling it around. I would eventually like to get another drawer unit to stack on top, but for now, this definitely helps in organization.
In other happenings, a sound bar has been added to the TV! Doesn't help much for the volume on the TV, but helps with listening to music.
The O scale people in the neighborhood have yet to complain, so its time to turn up the volume!