Saturday, December 15, 2012

The start of a building boom

To switch gears, I decided to start working on some buildings that will go along my short stretch of Southport Ave.  So far I've got the fronts done on two buildings and the shell of another. Just like the CTA, I decided to lease out the space underneath the tracks for a retail building.





Construction is pretty simple: brick sheets from the N Scale Architect (facades) or JTT (sides and back ... save some $$$), and Evergreen sheet and strip styrene.

I have also started work on the Southport station...


I always build the facade first, then the rest of the building. The sheets and strips are layered to give the buildings some depth. Small sections of bricks are also cut out to give the brick facades more relief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment