Well, so far only two cars, but its a start.
The cars are combine 256 and parlor-buffet converted to coach # 256, both by Jewett from 1917. Or more accurately, Clouser bodies in O scale.
To celebrate the return of service, several trips across the system were made both together and as a single car train. Many stops were made for photographs.
|The brave company photographer hung out of a window of a near by apartment building to get this shot|
Several trains paused at the Southport Station ... who knows, maybe in an alternative universe the North Shore ran a couple of fan trips to Kimball?
A photographer braved the third rail ... and other L traffic, for an action shot on the North Side main line ...
And a few trains were run by the Sheridan Road station.